10,000 expected at Midlands Fishing Show
14 February 2014
More than 10,000 visitors are expected to be hooked on fishing when the third Midlands Carp and Coarse Spectacular Show takes centre stage at the Ricoh Arena.
Talks from legendary carp anglers Darrell Peck, Terry Dempsey and Lee Jackson alongside book signings, slideshows and demonstrations in the Jaguar Exhibition Hall are set to attract the crowds to create a new record attendance for the show on Saturday, March 8 and Sunday, March 9.
Sixty-five exhibitors ranging from the UK’s top retailers to specialised manufacturers have already signed-up to the two-day show, where parking will be free at the Ricoh Arena.
The show attracted 8,500 visitors in its inaugural year in 2012, 9,000 people last year and organisers are confident of hitting the 10,000 mark in 2014.
Organiser Lee Apps from Redwood Events said the show was gaining momentum each year.
“This is now our third year at the Ricoh Arena and it is fantastic they have the facilities to help the show to grow,” he said.
“As always, we promise this is going to be the best Midlands Carp and Coarse Spectacular Show yet – and we don’t want to disappoint anyone.
“We have lined-up talks from the UK’s top anglers such as Darrell Peck, Terry Dempsey and Lee Jackson, there will be some fantastic offers for visitors to take advantage of and we will be giving out some free goody bags.
“We have organised two theatre rooms for the talks and staff from venues for carp and coarse fishing will be here to talk about their waters as well as from holiday companies for those who want to fish in Europe, Asia or Canada.
“The fact we have attracted major retailers and manufacturers as well as smaller companies underlines the increasing popularity of the show to different areas of the sport.
“Whether visitors want to find out about the latest fishing tackle or talk fishing tactics, there is plenty to keep people occupied throughout the two days.”
Chris Owen, senior events manager at the Ricoh Arena, said the venue had 15,000 sqm of flexible exhibition space to help events, such as the Midlands Carp and Coarse Spectacular Show, to expand year-on-year.
He said: “The Midlands Carp and Coarse Spectacular Show really does live up to its name. It has grown in size each year as well as increased visitor numbers which is a terrific endorsement to the organisers since they provide the attractions which anglers want to see.
“Our location in the heart of the Midlands and the UK is perfect for attracting anglers from all areas and the fact our event space is flexible means there is plenty of room for the show to grow even further.”
The show is open from 9am-4pm on March 8 and between 9am-3pm on March 9. Tickets are available for £5 from www.midlandsfishingshow.com with under-14s gaining free admittance along with members of Leamington Spa Angling Club, Birmingham Anglers Association and Lymm Angling Club.
More from Ricoh Arena:
- 22/07/2014 - DIY show confirms third successive year at the Ricoh
- 14/07/2014 - Ricoh Arena launches bid to host international motor sport event
- 11/07/2014 - Energy-saving Ricoh Arena
- 10/07/2014 - Antiques Show Making Its West Midlands Debut
- 04/07/2014 - National Exhibition Signs Three-Year Deal At The Ricoh Arena
- 27/06/2014 - Three Schools Event a Success at Ricoh Arena
- 25/06/2014 - £30,000 raised by cyclists to build a Kenyan school
- 16/06/2014 - Fun family show for future engineers at Ricoh Arena
- 11/06/2014 - Cycling challenge to raise funds for the Teenage Cancer Trust
- 06/06/2014 - Ricoh Arena marketing director wins international award
- 04/06/2014 - Leading builders show agrees three-year deal at the Ricoh Arena
- 30/05/2014 - New business development manager at the Ricoh Arena
- 28/05/2014 - National awards ceremony moves to the Ricoh Arena
- 16/05/2014 - Ricoh Arena and Mclcreate Announce New 12-Month Partnership
- 14/05/2014 - Weightlifters Secure Commonwealth Games Qualification At The Ricoh Arena
- 08/05/2014 - Tickets available for new railway show
- 07/05/2014 - Gymnastics event at the Ricoh Arena
- 06/05/2014 - The Literally Coventry Book Festival
- 23/04/2014 - National Streaking Competition
- 22/04/2014 - Ricoh Arena's new partner
- 10/04/2014 - Exhibition News Winner
- 10/04/2014 - Ricoh Arena marketing director nominated for international award
- 04/04/2014 - Car Show To Shine At The Ricoh Arena
- 03/04/2014 - Pedal power to raise funds for a Kenyan school
- 28/03/2014 - A sold-out boxing night at the Ricoh Arena was a massive hit, raising over £7,000 for charity.
- 26/03/2014 - British Weight Lifting Confirms Ricoh Arena Will Be The New Home Of The British National Championships
- 10/03/2014 - Making Cosmetics Show Moves To The Ricoh Arena
- 04/03/2014 - Ricoh Head Of Sales Nominated For International Award
- 27/02/2014 - English Schools' FA finals at the Ricoh Arena
- 20/02/2014 - TV Antiques Expert Charles Hanson Attending Fundraising Event
- 05/02/2014 - CCFC Ladies Playing at the Ricoh Arena this Sunday
- 31/01/2014 - Final Line-Up For Outbreak Spring Festival
- 31/01/2014 - Steve Lamacq Opening New Railway Modelling Show
- 22/01/2014 - World Record Attempt For Charity Bike Challenge
- 23/12/2013 - Darts At The Ricoh Arena
- 20/12/2013 - The Autojumble at Ricoh Arena
- 12/12/2013 - SPATEX 2014 Sold Out At The Ricoh Arena
- 10/12/2013 - Kenyan Fundraising Mission For Ricoh Arena’s Head Of Sales
- 05/12/2013 - Record-Breaking Painting Show At The Ricoh Arena
- 02/12/2013 - UK's Largest Gaming Festival Heading T o Coventry
- 28/11/2013 - Archery Competition at the Ricoh Arena
- 15/11/2013 - Local Bands Night At The Ricoh Arena
- 14/11/2013 - Ronnie O'Sullivan Looks Forward To Snooker At The Ricoh
- 13/11/2013 - Freeman Appointed Ricoh Arena Supplier
- 08/11/2013 - Exhibition Returns To The Ricoh For Ninth Successive Year
- 31/10/2013 - Ricoh Arena Wins National Marketing Award
- 25/10/2013 - Davis and Murphy Complete Star-Studded 888Casino Champion Of Champions Line-Up
- 17/10/2013 - Ricoh Arena Shortlisted For First International Marketing Award
- 15/10/2013 - Psychic Sally Morgan returning to the Ricoh
- 14/10/2013 - Visitors and exhibitors set to rise at national painting show
- 08/10/2013 - Gok Wan appearing at Healthy Living Expo in Coventry
- 04/10/2013 - Success in Chamber awards for the Ricoh Arena
- 27/09/2013 - Ricoh Arena Finalist In National Music Awards
- 06/09/2013 - Ricoh Finalist In Two National Awards
- 29/08/2013 - It Is Child's Play at the Ricoh Arena
- 20/08/2013 - Football Trials at the Ricoh Arena
- 15/08/2013 - Snooker Line-Up For Champion Of Champions
- 09/08/2013 - The Ricoh Arena in Coventry has been shortlisted for another national award
- 17/07/2013 - Design Show Tripling In Size At The Ricoh Arena
- 09/07/2013 - Spa Show On Track For Sell-Out At The Ricoh Arena
- 27/06/2013 - Ricoh Arena Attracts Ambulex Exhibition
- 19/06/2013 - Stratford Raft Race - Ricoh Arena
- 17/06/2013 - UK Corporate Games in Coventry
- 14/06/2013 - Martial Arts Expo moves to the Ricoh Arena
- 07/06/2013 - International Award For Ricoh Arena's Major Events Manager
- 28/05/2013 - Ricoh Arena Shortlisted In National Awards
- 09/05/2013 - New Technology Exhibition Returning To The Ricoh Arena
- 25/04/2013 - Rising Star at the Ricoh Arena
- 19/04/2013 - Ceremonial Handover Of Jaguar's F-TYPE At The Ricoh Arena
- 15/04/2013 - Jaguar F-TYPE Ceremonial Handover at the Ricoh Arena
- 25/03/2013 - Limited tickets available for The Selecter
- 18/03/2013 - Two Ricoh Staff Shortlisted For National Award
- 08/03/2013 - Kidz In The Middle At The Ricoh Arena
- 28/02/2013 - Ricoh Arena heading to the UK's largest exhibition for event organisers
- 20/02/2013 - UK's Largest Free Event For In-Car Technology At The Ricoh Arena
- 18/02/2013 - Dizzee Rascal special guest at Muse concert at the Ricoh Arena
- 14/02/2013 - A Guide to the Davis Cup
- 08/02/2013 - JLS Star At Record-Breaking Trade Show In Coventry
- 01/02/2013 - Ricoh Arena chosen for Davis Cup by BNP Paribas tie
- 11/01/2013 - DIY trade show's new Coventry home
- 19/12/2012 - Christmas party bookings increased by over a third at The Ricoh Arena
- 14/12/2012 - Second Date For Psychic Sally At The Ricoh
- 20/11/2012 - Muse Embark On Their Biggest Ever Stadium Tour To Date
- 24/10/2012 - Ricoh Arena's New Business Development Manager Heading To EIBTM
- 16/10/2012 - Team GB archers at the Ricoh Arena
- 14/09/2012 - The Leading Show In The UK’s Lifting Industry Will Be Reaching New Heights At The Ricoh Arena In Coventry
- 17/08/2011 - Ricoh Arena appoints second business development manager
- 08/07/2011 - Ricoh Arena appoint new business development manager
71 Phoenix Way
Other Event News
- 23/07/2014 - Top agencies join destinations UNLIMITED to celebrate 25th anniversary
- 23/07/2014 - Glorious Goodwood Celebrity Riders Announced
- 23/07/2014 - Downton Inspired House Party at Down Hall Country House Hotel
- 23/07/2014 - Bath Function Rooms and the Bath Cake Company present: The Great Bath Wedding Cake Challenge
- 22/07/2014 - imago strengthens event management team
- 22/07/2014 - Christmas at Forum Conference & Banqueting Suites
- 22/07/2014 - DIY show confirms third successive year at the Ricoh