The Principal York has been lovingly refurbished and restored to splendour by interior architects Goddard Littlefair, to create a dramatic sense of arrival to guests at the hotel along with sweeping views through the ground-floor public space into gardens and beyond to York Minster in the background.
Located in the heart of the beautiful historic city of York, The Principal York offers unique and stylish event space surrounded by beautiful gardens and spectacular views. This stunning hotel and dedicated York conference venue offers a magnificent contrast between historic Victorian architecture and modern luxurious furnishings to deliver a timeless, elegant event venue.
Centrally located adjacent to York Train Station, The Principal York is situated in the heart of York and is only 2 hours from London and 2 ½ hours from Edinburgh by train. The hotel is also easily accessible from all major road routes into the city with extensive onsite parking.
As the ideal conference venue in York, The Principal York:
* Is the perfect location for conferences and meetings, offering a beautiful venue situated among 3 acres of landscaped grounds ideal for outdoor & team building activities
* Has a dedicated event centre with its own entrance and reception that comfortably accommodates up to 410 delegates theatre-style, 300 for a banquet, 250 for a dinner & dance, and 180 cabaret-style
* Features 11 flexible event rooms including the beautiful Oak Room with magnificent carved wood panelling for up to 160 theatre style
* 155 stylish bedrooms for overnight accommodation
* From working lunches to a 3-course dining menu served in the new Refectory Kitchen & Terrace, our talented chefs will work with you to create a menu that will delight, with food sourced from world-class quality ingredients from Yorkshire’s rich larder.