The Athenaeum is a beautiful Grade I listed building, licenced for civil ceremonies and partnerships. It is located in the heart of Bury St Edmunds with a close by car park available for you and your guests.
The elegant Georgian Ballroom is a romantic and ideal setting for wedding ceremonies and receptions. This ornate and impressive space is complete with a grand high ceiling, a balcony and a sweeping staircase for that fairy-tale entrance and magical photographs.
Whatever your requirements, budget, dreams or wishes for your big day, our team at The Athenaeum are dedicated to making it the best and most enjoyable day of your life. We pride ourselves on attention to detail and work closely with you to ensure that nothing is overlooked.
The Athenaeum is also great place for business meetings and banqueting with 5 rooms available to hire individually or you might choose to hire the whole venue exclusively.
- Unique chandeliered Georgian Ballroom
- Weddings from 20 to 160 (seated)
- Wedding packages or bespoke quotation available to suit your needs
- Licenced for civil ceremonies and partnerships
- Additional function rooms available to hire
- Parties up to 250
- Experienced in house chefs and event planner
- Perfect for meetings and banqueting